Tender Grilled Jumbo Shrimp with Light Butter Sauce
2 pounds u-15 shrimp, shell on
¼ cup Tuley Brothers Bad Ass Marinade
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons fresh thyme
½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 sprigs parsley
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt to taste
1 tablespoon cold butter
1. Shell and devein the shrimp, reserving shells.
2. Mix the shrimp with the Tuley Brothers Bad Ass Marinade, cornstarch, thyme, and black pepper. Combine well and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
3. In the meantime, combine shells with 3 cups water, parsley, bay leaf, and onion in a medium sauce pan and simmer for 2 hours. Strain and discard solids
4. Preheat grill to medium. String the shrimp on skewers, letting the marinade drain away. Drizzle with oil and salt to taste. Grill over medium heat until marked with grill lines and barely curled and not quite opaque. Lower heat and finish gently until just cooked through.
5. In the meantime, heat a small skillet, add the shrimp stock, and reduce until syrupy. Add salt to taste, and bring back to a simmer. Remove from heat and swirl in cold butter. The sauce should be medium-thick and creamy. Serve shrimp with a drizzle of the sauce. Wonderful over cheese grits.